All New X-Men #25
I’m dying. This killed me.
How to spot a fake geek guy:
- says robin is useless
- says aquaman is useless
- worships batman bc batman is invincible
- doesn’t “understand” superman because he’s not relatable or interesting
- makes “hero vs hero” posts
- probably smells like axe
— Jack Kirby
Avengers 35: Hyperion and Thor in the Savage Land
Marvel Itty Bittys by Hallmark
JASON AARON (W) • RUSSELL DAUTERMAN (A/C)
Variant Cover by James Harren
• Lifting the enchanted hammer Mjolnir has transformed a mysterious woman into an all-new version of the mighty Thor.
• But what happens when she’s separated from that hammer?
• Plus, Frost Giants! ROXXON! And oh yeah, whatever happened to the guy who used to carry that hammer?
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
It was time… for an All-New Thor.
I know you don’t like to talk, but you gotta do it for her.
Yadriel & Maria appreciation post ✿◕‿◕✿
HE SAID MORE THAN HE DID ALL SEASON. I THOUGHT HE DIDN’T CARE. I THOUGHT HE WAS JUST BEING NICE AND LETTING HIS BABY MAMA SEE THE BABY THAT HE PROBABLY DIDN’T REALLY WANT AND BARELY LOOKED AFTER BUT I WAS FUCKING WRONG. I WAS WRONG ABOUT HIM. HE’S JUST QUIET. THE DUDE IS STOIC AS FUCK AND HE FUCKING LOVES MARIA AND HE LOVES THAT BABY AND IT’S FUCKING BEAUTIFUL THE WAY HE GUSHES AND TALKS TO HER LIKE MARIA ASKED HIM TO DO BECAUSE HE WANTS HER TO GROW UP SMART AND LOVED.
But also look at how cute the baby is dressed in each visit. Who did that? Daddy did. But that’s exactly the kind of visual cue that gets lost when he’s getting judged for his bald head, tattoos and stoic (thuggish?) demeanor.
this was actually really important to me because there are tons of reasons for a person being fairly non-verbal. i really liked the portrayal of this relationship because she knows he doesn’t like to talk and it’s not really portrayed as problem for her, it’s not a problem for their relationship, she accepts him for who he is. but she knows that babies need communication for development and he cares about his baby so much that he makes such an effort to do it even though it doesn’t come naturally to him. and it’s so natural in that last scene, it’s so clear he does it all the time and i just really liked this part.
PREVIEW: THOR: GOD OF THUNDER #25
RELEASE DATE: September 17th
• Redefining the word “epic,” it’s the god-sized 25th issue of THOR: GOD OF THUNDER featuring an amazing artistic line-up!
• Young Thor vs. Frost Giants!
• The untold origin of Malekith the Accursed!
• King Thor’s granddaughters uncover a startling secret chapter from the history of the Thunder God!
• Thor deals with the shocking fall-out from ORIGINAL SIN!
Remember me for centuries.
Guardians was pretty great.